PLASTIC PITCH ISSUE 1 (SPRING 2014)
Our debut issue — digital edition e-mailed direct to you.
• An in-depth look at Dejan Jakovic and his move to Japan’s Shimizu S-Pulse
• A one-on-one with new Whitecaps’ coach Carl Robinson
• A look at the future of BMO Field; we talk to experts in Houston, which has a shared-use facility, and get former Toronto mayor David Miller’s reaction to the coming conversion of the national soccer stadium
• A look at former NCAA star Jordan Ongaro and his search for a pro club
• An in-depth survey of agents across North America; do they think MLS is headed for a labour stoppage in 2015? Do better contracts from NASL shake MLS? What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing in MLS over Europe?
• A look at the minutes played by Canadians in MLS from 1996-2013; after peaking in 2009, the minutes have been plummeting league wide. What will stem the tide?
• A close-up of Selenia Iacchelli, the former Canadian youth star who then had to wait till she turned 27 to make her senior women’s national-team debut
• Will Hanson Boakai leave FC Edmonton for Fortuna Düsseldorf?
• PEI-raised midfielder Mozzi Gyorio on his return to NASL, and the loss of his brother
• Drew Beckie on his decision to come back to the Ottawa Fury
• Plus, Hate the Ball, great illustrations, exclusive photo shoots, general irreverence and a look at how grassroots team can “Play Better,” raising funds for charity by working on their core soccer skills.