PLASTIC PITCH ISSUE 2 (SUMMER 2014)
In the issue, you’ll find
• A stunning cover, our World Cup 2026 poster imagined by Josh Holinaty
• Canadian Soccer Association President Victor Montagliani updates us on the progress of Canada’s bid
• Also, Montagliani speaks of the goal of having an all-Canadian Division 1 in place ahead of the World Cup. That’s right — a Division 1 league of our own that would “co-exist” with MLS and NASL
• CONCACAF and MLS: How do they see the bid for Canada 2026?
• Plus, in-depth looks at four likely host cities — Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Edmonton. Are the prepared for 2026?
Also, you’ll find these Canadian soccer features
• Philippe Davies: Ready to retire before the Ottawa Fury came calling
• Mallan Roberts: Will he choose Canada or Sierra Leone?
• Issey Nakajima-Farran speaks about the trade that sent him from TFC to the Montreal Impact, and admits it may have been a mistake to come to MLS
• Frank Yallop on the decision to choose the Chicago coaching job, and why he didn’t wait on the Whitecaps
• Sura Yekka on the possibility of representing Canada at the Women’s U-17 World Cup, Women’s U-20 World Cup and Women’s World Cup in just over the space of a calendar year
• Rhian Wilkinson on leaving the NWSL
• Kevin Holness brings the spirit of soccer back to Saskatchewan